Carbon Monoxide Detector (CO8MS)

The CO8MS alerts you to dangerous levels of carbon monoxide (CO).

The built-in 85dBA sounder is backed up by a red flashing light.

Works as part of the evohome security system:

  • Receive alerts on your smart phone or tablet when the detector is triggered
  • System status can be interrogated via the evohome TCC App
  • Wireless communication with the evohome security system
  • 868 MHZ secure wireless communications and proprietary communications language prevents devices from interfering with each other
  • Easy to install
  • Avoid damage with the ‘Screw free’ install option
  • More than one detector can be added to the evohome security system
  • Test button for batteries, electronics, alarm and sensor
  • Sealed Lithium battery
  • Battery life: 6 years
  • Size: 120 x 105 x 45 mm

Why monitor for Carbon Monoxide?

Many people are killed each year, and many more suffer ill health from carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning. CO is an invisible, odourless, tasteless and extremely toxic gas. It is produced by appliances and vehicles burning fuels, such as coal, oil, natural/bottled gas, paraffin, wood, petrol, diesel, charcoal etc. CO is absorbed by red blood cells in the lungs in preference to oxygen resulting in rapid damage to the heart and brain from oxygen starvation.